An Airplac® panel has a core made of extruded, expanded polystyrene. The core has a range of different levels of rigidity – from standard to extra-rigid. Each panel has a liner on either side made of various types of paper, polyester or other plastics. A self-adhesive option is also available.
Polystyrene is naturally white and stays white over time. It has a “memory” due to the closed cell structure and can withstand a certain degree of pressure and still retrieve its flatness. It is a much safer core material than other materials such as Polyurethane which is toxic when burned.
- An Airplac® panel is lighter than any competing panel in the same Quality category. It is 25% lighter than a polyurethane panel and 5 times lighter than a PVC panel.
- The foam in Airplac® panels does not go yellow over time. Independent laboratory test results are available on demand. This extreme whiteness is a major success factor for all Visual Communication applications.
- An Airplac® panel is easier to cut because it is always a single expanded core even for 10mm. Many competing products are composed of two or more boards stuck together. These panels are more difficult to cut and their visible side looks shabby.
- An Airplac® panel can withstand high temperatures. Up to 90° spot temperature for an Airpalc® PREMIER panel.
- The Airplac® range of foam board panels has the right panel for every application : drawing, graphic arts, fine art, framing, silk-screen printing, digital printing and cutting, hanging signs, window décors, wall décor, POS – POP applications, architectural models, hobby-craft, scale-model airplanes, 3D letters and numbers…...
- An Airplac® panel can be cut, painted, stuck, folded, printed, pierced, hung, framed, chiseled… it is extremely versatile !